Whether you are new to homeschooling or have been around the block a time (or fifteen!), these weekly truths are sure to encourage you and your family throughout the year.
Our family loves to study scripture each week and pray over a verse together. We discuss what it means, and even draw pictures to help us apply the biblical principle practically in our everyday life. We also utilize the verse for our daily copy work to help us memorize it!
Our family has adapted these encouraging sayings from some of our favorite promise verses from the Bible. When we’re struggling, or simply for motivation at the beginning of the day, we’ll say them to each other to help us remember applicable biblical truths in every situation.
I pray these encourage and motivate you throughout the new homeschool year as well.
Weekly Encouragement for Your Homeschool Year
- We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. – Philippians 4:13
- Your grace is sufficient for us, Your power made perfect in our weakness. – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Your perfect love casts out all our fear. – 1 John 4:18
- God will direct our path as we trust in Him. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Everything we do is unto the Lord – Colossians 3:23
- We are a royal priesthood, a holy nation, and God has brought us out of darkness into His marvelous light. – 1 Peter 2:9
- The Lord will bless us and keep us, and make His face shine upon us. – Numbers 6:24-26
- We will not be conformed to this world. – Romans 12:1-2
- We are salt and light and will not hide our light from the world. – Matthew 5:14-16
- The Lord is our Shepherd and we shall not want. – Psalm 23:1
- There is a season for everything. – Ecclesiastes 3:1
- The Lord is our refuge in times of trouble and He cares for us. – Nahum 1:7
- We are blessed going in and blessed coming out. – Deuteronomy 28:6
- We will walk in a manner worthy of our calling. – Ephesians 4:1
- Our nation is blessed because we call upon the Lord. – Psalm 33:12
- Christ has set us free and we will stand firm in that freedom. – Galatians 5:1
- We will not be shaken because Jesus is our Rock and our Salvation. – Psalm 62:6
- God will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
- When we feel weary and burdened, Jesus will give us rest. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30
- God plans to prosper us and not to harm us, to give us a hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11
- Nothing is impossible for us because of our faith in Christ. – Matthew 17:20
- The Lord is our light and our salvation so we have nothing to fear. – Psalm 27:1
- God gives us strength when we are weary and increases our power when we are weak. – Isaiah 40:29
- We will be anxious for nothing. As we pray with thanksgiving, the peace of God will guard our hearts and minds. – Philippians 4:6-7
- We won’t be afraid or discouraged because the Lord will never leave us or forsake us. – Deuteronomy 31:8
- We will seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all we need will be given to us. – Matthew 6:31-33
- Jesus came to give us abundant life. – John 10:10
- Our lives will produce much fruit as we remain in Christ Jesus, our vine. – John 15:5
- God will generously give us His wisdom whenever we ask for it. – James 1:5
- God always listens to us when we pray to Him. – Jeremiah 29:12
- God forgives us of our sins whenever we confess them to Him. – 1 John 1:9
- God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-discipline. – 2 Timothy 1:7
- The Lord will give us the desires of our heart as we take delight in Him. – Psalm 37:4
- Whenever we are tempted, God always provides a way out so we can endure it. – 1 Corinthians 10:13
- We have no fear of bad news because our hearts steadfastly trust the Lord. – Psalm 112:7
- We are strong and courageous and will stand firm in our faith. – 1 Corinthians 16:13
Bonus – My Gift to You
Use the button below to download a beautiful printable version of this list (2 options)!
Want the promises in card format? That’s included in the download too! The graphics are double-sided for your convenience. Just print on cardstock (or laminate for extended use)…you’ll have the promise on one side of the card and the Bible verse written out on the other!
More Resources for Families
Looking for a fun, simple resource to feed your family’s faith in just minutes a week? Grab my new interactive devotional for homeschool moms! Releases 11/9/21. Available for preorder now at all major retailers. Learn more.
As a special gift to you, I also have a
FREE Family Faith-Building Bundle
ready for your immediate use! It is loaded with over 140+ pages of fun!
This post contains affiliate links.